This Page

has been moved to new address

Holy Guacamole and the 2011 Volkslaufe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Coach Jessica K: Holy Guacamole and the 2011 Volkslaufe

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Holy Guacamole and the 2011 Volkslaufe

Ok, so the guacamole I made wasn't holy but I couldn't resist the rhyme!  Haven't had time to write all week!  Actually started this post about a week ago......



So last Sunday I decided to make some fresh guacamole for lunch.  Avocados are awesome little packets of delicious, nutritious vegetable fat and guacamole is the perfect reason to have a couple of corn chips.  


It started as this.......
And was then transformed into this.....
I bought the guacamole "mortar and pestle" at a Mexican restaurant in Madison when I worked at Promega.  It's much fun to use.  :)  I'm a chemist nerd.  The guacamole was delicious.  It made an awesome lunch.  :)


In other news, Jeff and I participated in the 2011 Volkslaufe in Frankenmuth on the 4th.  Jeff placed third in his age group with a time of about 40 minutes while I was a TAD slower with a time of 52 minutes.  It was fun and now that I've officially done a 5K I feel ready to sign up for the 8K walk this year for the CRIM.  I think it will be fun.  

Time to prepare for another week of teaching and craziness!  Must make time to keep up my workouts.... actually got in 6 of them last week.  Especially after tomorrow when my sis and I take my mom to Sagano's Japanese Steakhouse for lunch.  Yum yum sauce here we come!!  :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home